The Family & Medical Leave Act is an important piece of legislation instituted in 1993 to support Americans during difficult times. Suppose an employee is seriously injured or develops any serious health condition or need to take care of someone in the family, such as ailing parents or a sick child. In that case, they are eligible to take FMLA leave to get some relief. FMLA can be paid, unpaid, or intermittent, and help protect the employee from losing their job. However, with the many benefits of FMLA, variations of FMLA abuses are also becoming popular. Some of the top reasons why employees may commit FMLA abuse are –
- Limitation of work hours available with them
- Pending any workforce reductions
- Opportunities to earn outside their full-time or regular employment
- Desire to take time off without having to worry about job loss
FMLA abuse can lead to morale issues among other employees in the company as they are often burdened with the extra workload. However, proving FMLA abuse can be tedious and time consuming for employers. It is why engaging the services of Privin Consulting Network can help employers ensure there is no FMLA abuse.
How Can Privin Network Help With Your FMLA Investigation?
It can be difficult for employers to prove FMLA abuse accurately. Hiring Privin Consulting Network can help increase surveillance and prevent employees from indulging in this kind of behavior. It sends out a message to your employees that such behavior will not be tolerated and that FMLA abuse is taken quite seriously. Our investigators have extensive experience in FMLA abuse cases in many different industries.
- Discreet Surveillance – Privin Consulting Network uses the latest technology to prove abuse in FMLA cases. Our investigators are trained in modern surveillance methods to capture even the most unseen factors in such investigations.
- Comprehensive Background Checks – Our investigators use verified databases to create a background check on the subject in the case. Our team is trained to check financial, criminal, address, and litigation history to identify any risk factors and offer our clients expert recommendations.
- Credible Witness Location – Our investigators use their experience to canvass different areas to locate and develop different witnesses who can offer necessary information for FMLA abuse claims.
- Evidence Gathering – In combination with our surveillance methods, our investigators gather all the necessary shreds of evidence to help you support your claims wherever required.
Why Do You Need Our FMLA Investigation Services?
When employers fail to conduct a complete investigation related to suspicious FMLA claims, they open themselves to lawsuits that can be pretty expensive and a PR nightmare. FMLA cases can also be uncomfortable for the internal corporate team as it leads to a low level of trust between the employer and the employee. Suppose the employer has a reasonable amount of suspicion that an employee might be missing FMLA cases. In that case, it is best to hire a third-party investigator to perform due-diligence so that the investigation cannot be impeached later due to an accusation of biasness by the internal team.
Privin Consulting Network is experienced in gathering verified intelligence in FMLA cases. Our knowledgeable team of investigators can identify the risks in the suspected employee’s background that could offer crucial hints in the investigation. Our investigators look into different factors such as litigation history, bad credit, and others that might indicate that the employee is abusing the FMLA leave. Armed with all this information, you will be in a better position to make the best decision for your employee and your company. Employers will also have all the evidence they need to protect themselves from any wrongful termination lawsuits.
Complete our Free Consultation Form:
To begin, please fill out our consultation request form online to speak with one of our private investigators. Our in house agents will then tailor the investigation with action yielding objectives to reach your results.
Connect With One of Our Private Investigators:
A private investigator may field the inquiry prior to reaching out in order to understand the situation and prepare. Questions asked by the agent may be one or all of the following:
- Does this investigation have reasonable purpose?
- Where is the Subject or Matter located?
- Can you provide specific information in which you are seeking to obtain?
- Do you have any knowledge or intel that you would like our agents to investigate further?
- What information on the Subject or matter have you found already?
- Would you like any close associates or persons investigated as well?
Once a case action plan has been identified, your assigned private detective will begin the investigation. An example of the investigative process may look like such:
- Immediate Action. Your case will be immediately assigned and work will begin within the first 12-24 hours.
- Corroborating facts. Is the information provided to the investigator sound?
- Execution of Case Action Plan. We assign the most fit investigator to achieve the most valuable results.
- Case Action Updates. Your investigator will provide you with status updates and obtained information regularly.
- Facts. After obtaining the information sought after, we comb through the case file and ensure no steps or information had been missed.
- Final Report. Compiling your case report may be the most crucial part. We ensure professionalism and accuracy.
Our team of highly trained professional investigators will obtain information on the specific person or object. Actions in accordance with legal guidelines, time tailored for your case, and proper reporting are all necessary for a private investigator to fulfill a proper investigation. FMLA cases may require additional time outside the 4 hour minimum that PRIVIN has in place to conduct a professional investigation.
Completion of Your Case:
The investigator assigned to your FMLA case will provide you with a written report for you to review. Additionally, the report is reviewed by the client and investigator for accuracy. Any questions the client may have will be answered accordingly.
Being the professionals that we are, in the event that the client requests the assigned agent to appear in court, we are able to coordinate the evolution.
Confidentiality is paramount and therefore all communication between a client, and the assigned investigators will be kept Confidential.