What is Corporate Fraud?
Fraud is a serious problem for many corporate and private businesses. It is said that more than 75% of businesses have incidents of employee theft throughout their lifespan. Theft may take many forms such as monetary, intellectually, larceny or embezzlement. Although the most common being of monetary value, they are all serious offenses in which a company should investigate.
How can you mitigate risk when it comes to corporate fraud? If you are a small business owner, this may be more challenging than for a larger corporate company. The reason being is due to the working capital to retain book keepers and professionals in the company that their sole job is to mitigate risk. The best method to ensure you are mitigating fraud, is to slow down, take notes, conduct background checks with new hires, ensure accountability, and let it be known to your employees that you take fraud very seriously.
In the event that you are in need of a Certified Fraud Expert (CFE), or a consultation to discuss your case needs, we have experts on standby.
Complete our Free Consultation Form:
To begin, please fill out our consultation request form online to speak with one of our private investigators. Our in house agents will then tailor the investigation with action yielding objectives to reach your results.
Connect With One of Our Private Investigators:
A private investigator may field the inquiry prior to reaching out in order to understand the situation and prepare. Questions asked by the agent may be one or all of the following:
- Does this investigation have reasonable purpose?
- Where is the Subject or Matter located?
- Can you provide specific information in which you are seeking to obtain?
- Do you have any knowledge or intel that you would like our agents to investigate further?
- What information on the Subject or matter have you found already?
- Would you like any close associates or persons investigated as well?
Once a case action plan has been identified, your assigned private detective will begin the investigation. An example of the investigative process may look like such:
- Immediate Action. Your case will be immediately assigned and work will begin within the first 12-24 hours.
- Corroborating facts. Is the information provided to the investigator sound?
- Execution of Case Action Plan. We assign the most fit investigator to achieve the most valuable results.
- Case Action Updates. Your investigator will provide you with status updates and obtained information regularly.
- Facts. After obtaining the information sought after, we comb through the case file and ensure no steps or information had been missed.
- Final Report. Compiling your case report may be the most crucial part. We ensure professionalism and accuracy.
Our team of highly trained professional investigators will obtain information on the specific person or object. Actions in accordance with legal guidelines, time tailored for your case, and proper reporting are all necessary for a private investigator to fulfill a proper investigation. Corporate Fraud cases may require additional time outside the 4 hour minimum that PRIVIN has in place to conduct a professional investigation.
Completion of Your Case:
The investigator assigned to your Corporate Fraud case will provide you with a written report for you to review. Additionally, the report is reviewed by the client and investigator for accuracy. Any questions the client may have will be answered accordingly.
Being the professionals that we are, in the event that the client requests the assigned agent to appear in court, we are able to coordinate the evolution.
Confidentiality is paramount and therefore all communication between a client, and the assigned investigators will be kept Confidential.