What is a domestic violence investigation?
Domestic Violence is a serious offense and local law enforcement should be contacted immediately if your life, or a loved one is in imminent danger. These specific case types can be one of the most challenging and sensitive of all with the violence taking place behind closed doors and on private property; leaving a potential witness possibly out of the equation. Taking the first step in contacting local law enforcement or a detective is sometimes difficult, as the children or ‘abused’ rely on the attacker financially. Domestic violence is one of the most common case types and can include violence beyond the physical type.
Domestic violence should always be categorized as a criminal offense. Countries such as the United Stated of America legislate the offense and is seen criminally if found guilty of a serious offense. Other countries have loose laws that side with the attacker in certain offense cases. Religion and cultures play their part in these ‘loop-holes that exist. If you are victim to domestic abuse, you should research laws and procedures for reporting these incidents.
How can Investigators help with domestic violence?
One of the largest benefits to hiring a local investigator for a domestic violence case is the expedited manner in which the case can be worked. Many local law enforcement agencies take the information that is obtained and work on a ‘lead’ action basis, meaning any witnesses or forthcoming evidence from 3rd parties moves the case along. Additionally private property poses a barrier for law enforcement making it difficult for them to obtain information. Many local law enforcement agencies embrace local investigators working these cases as they are able to covertly obtain information, and gain access to private property, being more flexible when laws come into play.
If you or a loved one are not comfortable hiring a private investigator directly, you can use a third party to indirectly engage with an agent and investigate the case. This is typically the case as the victim is too frightened to engage directly. A successful case, absent of the victims testimony is possible. If you or a loved one are in need of our professional services, including domestic violence, we stand at the ready to assist you.
Complete our Free Consultation Form:
To begin, please fill out our consultation request form online to speak with one of our private investigators. Our in house agents will then tailor the investigation with action yielding objectives to reach your results.
Connect With One of Our Private Investigators:
A private investigator may field the inquiry prior to reaching out in order to understand the situation and prepare. Questions asked by the agent may be one or all of the following:
- Does this investigation have reasonable purpose?
- Where is the Subject or Matter located?
- Can you provide specific information in which you are seeking to obtain?
- Do you have any knowledge or intel that you would like our agents to investigate further?
- What information on the Subject or matter have you found already?
- Would you like any close associates or persons investigated as well?
Once a case action plan has been identified, your assigned private detective will begin the investigation. An example of the investigative process may look like such:
- Immediate Action. Your case will be immediately assigned and work will begin within the first 12-24 hours.
- Corroborating facts. Is the information provided to the investigator sound?
- Execution of Case Action Plan. We assign the most fit investigator to achieve the most valuable results.
- Case Action Updates. Your investigator will provide you with status updates and obtained information regularly.
- Facts. After obtaining the information sought after, we comb through the case file and ensure no steps or information had been missed.
- Final Report. Compiling your case report may be the most crucial part. We ensure professionalism and accuracy.
Our team of highly trained professional investigators will obtain information on the specific person or object. Actions in accordance with legal guidelines, time tailored for your case, and proper reporting are all necessary for a private investigator to fulfill a proper investigation. Domestic Violence cases may require additional time outside the 4 hour minimum that PRIVIN has in place to conduct a professional investigation.
Completion of Your Case:
The investigator assigned to your Domestic Violence case will provide you with a written report for you to review. Additionally, the report is reviewed by the client and investigator for accuracy. Any questions the client may have will be answered accordingly.
Being the professionals that we are, in the event that the client requests the assigned agent to appear in court, we are able to coordinate the evolution.
Confidentiality is paramount and therefore all communication between a client, and the assigned investigators will be kept Confidential.